OUR HISTORY

OVER 100 YEARS OF GOD'S FAITHFULNESS

Calvary Memorial Church began in 1901 in Minnetonka Beach, Minnesota as a Sunday School organized by the American Sunday School Union.  From 1903-1924, the Sunday School was housed in the Spring Park two-room school house.  This building was located at the corner of present day Cty. Road 15 and Dunwoody Avenue, where the current church's flag pole stands today.

In 1929, a white wood-frame church building was constructed at the intersection of Cty. Road 15 & 19 in Navarre.  In 1956, a new brick building was constructed on that same corner.

Because of their desire to begin a Christian school, in 1978, the church congregation sold the brick building, and purchased the Elizabeth Gardner School from the Mound School District.  This building is located at the corner of Cty. Road 15 and Dunwoody Avenue in Navarre.  Calvary Memorial Christian School ran from 1979-2010.  In 1986, the present church sanctuary was completed and dedicated.

We thank the Lord for His past faithfulness, and we trust Him with our future as we fulfill our mission.